Monday, June 1, 2009

Lilacs and Little Buggers

So, every year I have intended to make my way down to Manito to see the showy array of lilacs in bloom, but I just never seem to remember or get around to it until most of the blooms are spent. This year the lilacs have bloomed so late that I have been dropping by every week or two just to see if they are even in bloom yet! Finally, they are...Culley, Madeline, Olivia and I enjoyed a lovely evening outing to the gardens to capture some pictures. Along with the intoxicating, heady scent of lilacs, we were greeted by an insane and unusual amount of mosquitos (for the record, they were NOT invited to our family outing!!!). So our leisurely stroll was more of a brisk walk and 15 minutes later we were back in our car (a bit 'bumpier' than before!) and headed to dinner instead. I am hoping it is not like this all summer, or camping, kayaking and trips to the river are going to be a bit miserable!Can you tell by this time our
girls are ready to go? Pesky Mosquitos!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your layout on your blog site. It makes every photo "pop" and of course your natural tallent in capturing expresions is priceless!!! Darby

AZHarmony said...

So sweet! I love lilacs... they remind me of home. Unfortunately we don't have many here in Phx so it's great to see them in pics and imagine the smell.

Emily said...

Im especially fond of the pic of Madeline starting to look vaguely annoyed, towards the middle. I have a lot of these pics myself.