Monday, August 31, 2009

Back in the Saddle- Madelinisms

I have been gone a very long time. In this time we have moved. Semi-unpacked. Taken several pictures for Stillpoint Photography, particularly seniors ...oh yes, and been so sick I am sure it came straight from H-E- double Hockey sticks! So, rather than trying to play catch-up...onward.
I awoke a week or so ago to a sweet little Cherub's face, about 6 inches from my face. Her blue eyes wide she said in a whisper, "Mom, you have farkles on your face!!!" (note: sweet little Cherub needed to brush her teeth!)
At a recent nap time: Miss M: Mom, I am hungry! Can I have a snack? Me: Madeline, you already had lunch and a snack. Go to sleep. Miss M: Mom? Me: Sigh. Madeline, this is the last thing you get to say. Miss M: Remember Jesus? and all those people that came to see Him? Well, they were hungry, and He fed them! (this is Sunday School mutiny!)
And here are some particularly yummy cupcakes Madeline helped me to make: chocolate-coconut with a hint of orange in the frosting. They were intended to take over to our old neighbors. But then it rained. And we stayed home. And our bellies were hungry. Needless to say, we will soon be making another batch of 'particularly yummy cupcakes'. Maybe this time we should not make them so very yummy!

3 comments:

Maegan said...

ROFL! Jesus fed the hungry. That is HILARIOUS!!!! You must scrap that. Oh my goodness.

Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

Love the cupcake picture. And the Jesus story is the best!

Anonymous said...

'Hilarious' is the word: I laughed out loud at Madeline's cleverness! But the look on her face, victoriously showing off the coveted cupcakes, was a bit scary.... I see you have great joy and a challenge as well!!