Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Showers of Blessing

Here are some pictures from a baby shower that the women in our small group threw for me a couple of weeks ago. (2 weeks ago, actually. I know, I know, I am way behind the times!) It was such a fun treat to have so many kind, loving and enthusiastic women all there to celebrate the little one we will be meeting soon. I especially loved having so many different 'generations' of women represented. I always get emotional when I think about the fact that my girls are growing up without their grandparents, aunts or uncle or cousin living nearby, because having this surrounding of immediate extended family was such a big part of my growing up years. And while it is not the same, it sure makes me happy to realize that my girls will still grow up with a 'surrogate' family of generations surrounding them and encouraging them. And fortunately, some of my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents still live somewhat close by. Meanwhile, I was bummed to look at these pictures and realize I officially have the 'pregnancy jowels!' I suppose I should just be grateful with my naturally 'round' cheeks that it took this long for them to show up! But isn't it so much more fun to complain a little :) hehe. The wonderful women who threw a wonderful shower! Baby Margaret cannot wait to have a playmate closer to her age- this is the newborn that I posted back in November! Renee came up with several fun games- one involved 'making a baby' from playdough- and then I had to judge the winner. Which of course was an adventure for someone as indecisive as I!

No comments: