I enjoyed my time with Madeline as a baby- her pudgy fingers, her sweet baby smell, her giggle and coos and hand flapping shrieks. And the toddler stage was pretty good, too. Climbing into bins and boxes, toddling around in her own little off-balance way, enjoying ice cream, hot chocolate, snow falls, puppies and paints for the first time. But I am loving this next phase that is Madeline...she is my little friend who talks and mimics and plays pretend and thinks her Daddy can do no wrong (well, most of the time!) I love that she begs me to go to the Library, or the park, or to visit with her 'brothers' (this would apply to any of her little friends- boys or girls). I love that one minute she asks to dress in princess dresses so that she can "bibbity-bobbity-boo" and the next minute she is building 'tracks' for all of her cars. I love it that Culley gave her a Newman's mint cookie (similar) to an Oreo yesterday and her response went as follows:
'Oh, chocolate!' Upon opening the cookie up : 'what is this?' Culley: 'that is creme' (icing)Madeline: 'Oh, it's soooo beautiful' and then she savored every single bite...Or another conversation we had last week:Me: "Should we name your little sister 'Olivia' Miss M: ' I don't like 'Livia.' Me: 'You don't? well, what name do you like?' Miss M: thinking....'hmmm, Sauce" Me: "Sauce?" Miss M: "yes. Sauce. Like Pasta Sauce." Me: "Well, then what would we call her?" Miss M: "Sauce." ................................................................................ And finally, she pointed out a truck the other day (Madeline has a fascination for trucks and tractors right now) to which Culley said, "that is called an SUV" to which our very astute daughter replied "Oh. I don't like SOB's, Daddy!" Neither do we, Madeline. Neither do we. But that is a conversation that we do not plan on having for many years to come yet! Yikes! :)


5 comments:
Angela,
Thank you for the peeks we get of Madeline through you blog. I think it is a plot to help us miss Madeline more than we already do.
"bibbity-bobbity-boo"
Dad
Each age is so precious in its very own way, isn't it. Love your blog. Hope Sauce is doing well today!
SO SO funny! You made me laugh out loud!
loves
Hi Angela,
This is Joann Wolfe(Jason's Mom). Your pictures of your family are so beautiful. And the pictures you've taken of Jason, Darby and Logan are so precious. Madeline is getting so big,just like Logan. And congrad's on another little girl. I wanted to ask you. I'll be coming out for a visit in the fall, after our baby girl is born. Would it be possible for us to arrange a photo sitting? I'd like some nice pictures of myself with my Grandchildren. And some nice pictures of all of us together. What do you charge? I didn't know whether you were doing your photo stuff, now with your life being so busy. But your so talented. So, just wanted to ask. Could you let Darby or Jason know? Thanks, Joann
Post a Comment