Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"I'm just looking"

Talking to Sara on the phone yesterday, I heard the flap of the dog door- I came outside to find my daughter- sans hat, mitten, coat, socks and with 2 "right footed" crocs (i.e. shoes with holes in them) enjoying a leisurely stroll in our snowy, ice encrusted back yard. When I asked her what she was doing she said, very quietly and calmly, "settle down, Mom, I'm just looking". Apparently, she has inherited her dad's love of cold weather because while my teeth chattered as I demanded she come inside immediately and put on a coat, she was completely nonplussed. I am going to remember that when she is of the snow shoveling age!My little explorer, who is "just looking"
Is it just me, or does she not seem the least bit concerned that she has been "caught?"

3 comments:

Trevor and Sara said...

I LOVE it!!!! Miss Madeline is going to make her mark on the world, my friend, and I, for one, am so blessed to be able to witness it.

Rachael said...

Too funny! Kids just do/say the darndest things! What a blessing they are (especially when she can shovel the snow!)

Anonymous said...

I think Miss M has been around her Papa Riggs with her "settle down" comment.