Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We have a 3 year Old in the House!

And have for a week now. Our day with Miss M was wonderful. Culley snuck into her room while she slept and hung up a bunch of streamers and balloons. I was certain I would be awoken with squeals of delight the next morning. Instead, what I woke up to was, "hmm, what is this? I didn't expect this. I didn't expect this. It must be my birthday. I didn't expect this." (this was, apparently, a conversation between Madeline and her dolly "Tasha"). Then she came into my room and with a firm tap on my shoulder said, "Mom, am I three yet?" After a morning of strawberries, pancakes, and play, we picked Culley up and went downtown to ride the Carousel. It was a very chilly, breezy day but hey! The sun was shining so all 3 of us were pretty happy and afterwards Madeline fed some of the ducks- one even ate out of her hand! Then home for a nap and an evening of pizza and icecream cake with some family friends. All in all, a memorable day for Madeline, and fairly low key for us. Perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day. I hope to be able to do something simillar with Logan. With new baby sister's cooperation ofcourse! D

Cha-Cha said...

Good lord it's been a while since I read this. Looks like a fab day :)