Monday, January 11, 2010

What's Yours is Mine and What's Mine is....er, Mine.

"Silly mom, I'm not sharing my pears with You!" Olivia, 8 months Olivia has been starting to "play" a lot more with us. What this means is she will hand us an object and then we hand it back. She could go on with this type of activity all day as far as I can tell. It is fun to watch her giggle and scream and 'talk' when this play occurs. So it makes sense that today when she was eating her yummy pears and she handed me one that she thought I would simply hand it back to her. But, not thinking I said "oh, thank you" and popped it in my mouth! Well, she looked a bit surprised, but then she laughed and picked up another and put it in her mouth. Then she picked up another and started to hand it to me...I reached out my hand to accept and then *a brief pause*, she shakes her head (mind you, she is 8 months!), withdraws her hand, grabs THREE more pieces of pear, and begins to stuff them all in her mouth, presumably before I can grab any. Amazing how young this idea of "mine" begins...

No comments: