Monday, March 2, 2009
Fee Fi Fuddy Dud Fum
(This post really should not be allowed to be published without a picture to accompany it- however, Culley is at work at so I am going to type it now, and 'maybe' add the picture later...maybe ) Some women make the cutest pregnant women ever. Despite the drastic changes occurring in their body- despite the heartburn and sleepless nights and off-kiltered balance of an extra 30 pounds all centered in their abdomen (well, mainly in the abdomen!) they manage to look beautiful, radiant- and even stylish. A friend from college just posted new pregnancy pictures- she is due any day now- and she had just about the cutest, most up-to-date hairstyle I have seen...I don't think I could pull it off on an un-pregnant day. And then there is me. Saturday my cousin Tyler came over to help Culley with a bunch of yard work as we prepare to possibly put our house on the market (have I even mentioned that we put an offer in on a house yet in any of my blogs?). Because I am supposed to be being 'good' to settle down the pre-term contractions I have been having, I have felt a little stir crazy and guilty that I have not been able to help- especially because working out in the fresh air sounds so good right now! So, instead I decided to be the 'cool cousin' and buy Tyler his favorite lunch- Subway and a Pepsi. On my way out the door with Madeline, Culley also asked if I could stop by the hardware store to pick up some extra caulking for the newly replaced windows- sure, no problem. So as I was confidently walking into the store, convincing Madeline that while puddles are fun, jumping in the middle of the street is not okay, I glanced in the reflective mirror (ironically, a beauty supply shop is right next to the Subway, and this is the 'mirror' I glanced in...lovely) and this, my dear friends, is what I saw...
Hair pulled back in a messy ponytail (nothing new here!), sans makeup, white belly shirt (which fit me perfectly last week but this week shows a full 3 inches of skin), with lovely black boot flare cotton pants that were always about ankle height but also somehow shrunk (maybe it is my drier, not me) and let me just say...HIGH WATERS! Oh yes, and mismatched socks with my very 'practical, comfortable' black shoes I wear for PT. Pulling my shirt down didn't work, and pulling my pants up- not so much either. Yikes! I think I need a mommy makeover! These pregnancy clothes should be burned!
Apparently, I have reached the stage where I have both a) outgrown some of my MATERNITY clothes and b) really could use a new hairstyle. On the plus side, the socks could have actually been different colors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Too funny! Anthony had a great time seeing you all. He said Madeline is very sweet. Wish Braden and I could have been there! You'll have to come visit us in Arizona next winter!
Angelita...you are one of the most naturally beautiful women I know, and while I haven't seen you in months, I KNOW you are still rockin' it!!! You crack me up!
Post a Comment